1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Recording TV programs on to DVD disks?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dougglos, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    I want to transfer some recorded TV programmes on to blank DVDs, but not having done that previously, I am not certain whether I should buy DVD-R or DVD+ R blanks in order to do so, or does it not matter which I buy? I would not need to buy disks which could be used again, if that helps. Any advice appreciated - Thanks.

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    You may need to check the DVD Recorder on which DVD formats it accepts either +R or -R or both to record your programs.

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    a DVD+RW is an erasable / re-record-able DVD.
    But they cost about 5 times as much and take a really long time to Write one.
    It's better to get a "One Time" Writable DVD-R or DVD+R

I use Verbatim DVD+R.
    Verbatims probably need to be ordered, but you can trust the reliability and longevity.
    You never know what your getting "with off the shelf" brands.

You will need a good video editor ... Video DVDs need to be authored.

DVDs are obsolete nowadays ....
    If for your own usage and you have a newer TV .....
    You may want to use a usb flash drive instead.

4. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Thanks for that, Noyb - They will not be for my own usage - my reason for wanting to record the TV programmes on to DVD is that I will be doing it for a relative who does not subscribe to certain sports channels here in the UK, so I will put some rugby and football matches on a disk and send them to him. And as I mentioned in my original post, I would not need to buy disks which could be used again.

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Don't know about the UK .. But here in the USA, That would be illegal due to copyright laws.
    If it was legal, I'd use a Flash drive, Re-record several on one drive and swap drives occasionally.
    Assuming the relative can watch video on a USB flash drive, that doesn't need to be authored.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice