Recover corrupt AVI scan/rip ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iamaran

Okay, here's my problem:
My hard drive is failing. It's under warranty and can be replaced.
I had an AVI capture from my camcorder that was several Gb, but is now marked at 0 kb.
Undelete software does not help as the file has not been deleted, but truncated to 0 kb.
I know in theory the data is recoverable.

Here's my theory:
Make an image of the whole hard drive, some 200 Gb.
Put this image on my PC at work and somehow scan this image and extract all video content.
Is there an application that will rip all video content from a large file that contains other "junk"?

Thanks in advance.

I assume the original avi file was captured on tape---Why not just get a new drive, and capture to the new drive---Why go through all the other nonsense.

iamaran

linskyjack said:
I assume the original avi file was captured on tape---Why not just get a new drive, and capture to the new drive---Why go through all the other nonsense.
Alas the tape has been taped over...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online