1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recover corrupt files - suggest software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by WebMyster, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebMyster

WebMyster Thread Starter

I am in need of a software that can recover corrupted files. I'm not entirely sure whether using the word 'corrupted' is correct, so let me explain my problem.

I had two 250GB hard drives connected on a RAID setup. My motherboard malfunctioned (manufaturers flaw which I got fixed for free) and to make a long story short, one of my hard drives failed. Failed = it makes a sudden "click" or... "tick" noise when accessing a certain section, and gives me access errors.

My question is - is there a specific program that will allow me to recover as much data as possible from this failed drive?

Thanks in advanced :)

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

I've seen a free program called PC Inspector File Recovery. Never used it, though I have used the companion PC Inspector Smart Recovery to recover photos from a bad SD card and it worked very well.

3. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

If it was a Raid 0 array, your data is gone, it can be recovered, but costs thousands of dollars at a data recover house.

If it was Raid 1, then all the data is still on the functioning drive, mount it as a secondary hard drive in a working XP or Vista PC, then go to disk management and import the "foreign drive", then you should be able to see all your data in windows explorer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/683905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice