Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

recover data external hard drive

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jesseyoung 
#1 ·
Help!!!!!!!

This evening I did a very stupid thing. When I plugged in my external hard drive, I got a message saying that I needed to reformat it. Without thinking, I clicked yes and allowed the darn computer to start erasing my data. As soon as I realized what I had idiotically done, I had another lapse of judgment and unplugged the external hard drive in the middle of the process.

Now I have a hard drive that is still 80% full and no way of reaching the data… Anytime I try to open the drive, I get a message saying it’s inaccessible.

Is there any way for me to recover some of the data still on the drive????

Any advice y'all could give would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks!!

#4 ·
I would rather recommend not to use the external hard drive further as the continuous usage of the data on the drive can overwrite the data on the drive and the recovery will be made next to impossible. Just make this a point that you don't use the drive till the time don't have a perfect recovery program for the drive.
You can use any data recovery software for this but, make sure you don't buy the software straight away what you need to do is download demo version of the data recovery software and then plug-in the external hard drive to the system and let the software scan the hard drive, after the scan process if you find the expected data on preview section then you may purchase the software. This way you can save your money.
Another most important thing is that there is no need to experiment with the drive or you may lose the data forever. Try to access data only with a data recovery software if you want to recover the data as same as earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.