Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recover data from External hard disk

900 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LaptopNomad 
#1 ·
Hello!

I have recently bought a 1 TB Seagate external hard disk. It worked very good.
Some days ago I had to format my computer and reinstall windows, so I saved my important data on the external hard disk.
Accidentally, I did the format while the hard disk was connected to the computer.
I tried to connect the hard disk to my other computer, a massage popped up saying "Seagate storage device was successfully installed and ready to be used" , but I couldn't find it in "My Computer".
Then I went to My Computer-Manage-Disk Management and there I saw the hard disk, but it was Unallocated.
I tried to activate it, and then I saw it on My Computer. However, when I double clicked on it, A massage saying "This drive is not formatted, would you like to format it now?" popped up. I said NO and then tried some file recovery programs, but with no success.
The only program that worked was "VirtualLab" It found the files, all of them, but I couldn’t save them because I had to buy the program.

I Tried the "Recuva" software, but when I tried to scan the hard disk, Recuva said "Unable to read boot sector".

Please, I really need to recover my files from there, There are some Medical Documents there for my sisters surgery.
Help me up please!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
$40 is actually a very good price if the program can see and promises to recover all the files you need. Free software is free software; sometimes it works fine and sometimes you get what you pay for, especially with data recovery. The ones I would have suggested cost significantly more (GetDataBack and Easeus Recovery Wizard).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.