Recover data from Outlook express .bak to Outlook 2013 .pst

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Radar335

As a translator I need to recreate old e-mails and attachments to avoid to have to translate an entire novel once again. (After a few years, the publisher now wants to publish a new edition).

But the only place this file is located, is as an attachment in my old outbox in Outlook Express 6.

Unfortunately OE6 is history long ago on my computers, and no longer available.

But I have managed to get out the .bak files from the old hard drive. Now I need to get out the contents.
The files are inbox.bak, sendt.bak and deleted.bak

Now I use Outlook 2013.

I have seen for me to first convert .bak file to .dbx, then convert .dbx to .pst, and finally to import .pst into Outlook 2013.

But whether this is possible or the best way, and how I do this easiest, I have no idea.

All the solutions I've found on the web until now requires that I have OE6. Which I have not.

Is there anyone who can help?
Is there a procedure or an utility to help me out?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online