Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

recover data from zip disk

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Elvandil 
#1 ·
Hello,

I run a Windows XP with NTFS Partition. I have got a Zip disk in which a few clusters in the middle have somehow corrupter,I guess it is the click of death, known to be associated with zip-disks.

As soon as any application tries to read in these clusters, the zip-drive goes vanishing, so I need to eject and re-insert the diskette to make it recognisible. I am not able to make even complete image of the drive.

Which software should I use to recover these files?(are these files recoverable?). Im trying to scan the disk with "Trouble In Paradise(TIP)" but it doesnt recognise my internal IDE zip drive.

i tried "ASPI_ME" & "force ASPI", still "TIP" doesnt recognise Zip disk. Can spinrite recover my data? if so how to make myNTFS machine run dos? and how to make spinrite detect zip drive in DOS?(i.e how to mount zip drive in dos?)

im not able to find the guest.exe utility to run it on DOS.,

Best Regards,
Krishna.

See less See more
#7 ·
Ditto. The "click of death" that you mentioned is a well-known Zip problem, and as mentioned, is not going to be solved by software. You need to find another Zip drive. They should be very cheap on Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.