1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recover data on unpartitioned hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kilgrin, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kilgrin

kilgrin Thread Starter

Ok so my computer has 2 hard drives. First one is the C and is used for windows, program files ect. My second hard drive i use to store my music, pictures, videos, documents etc. So i had both hard drives in there running fine, and i decided i would reformat the C drive and put windows on it again (figuring all the data on the second drive would be fine) I was using XP and i put XP on it again, but when everything was installed it said that my second hard drive was unformatted.
    So ive tried a bunch of programs to recover the data, with no luck. I can see that all the data is physicly still on the drive, i just think that the partition information or whatever got screwed up somehow. My friend told me that i would most likely need to recover the data to another hard drive, which shouldnt be too much of a problem, i just cant figure out how to do this. (i am looking at about 60gigs worth of data i need to recover, and the only program i was able to find that would recover the data charged something like 100$ a gig, and theres no way im paying 6000$ for my hardrive back)
    If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. Arcadion

Arcadion

I use Easy Recovery, it's about $500 but has no limit on the amount of data you can recover. It can recover data from a drive you've quick formatted/deleted the partitions from, or that has a corrupt FAT/MFT. Then again that's probably more than you want to spend :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/356471

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice