1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recover data?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shessorandom69, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shessorandom69

shessorandom69 Thread Starter

I am new so bear with me....I have an old toshiba laptop.....The place the power cord plugs into is broken....i cannot charge the battery. Is there any way that I can get my data (i.e. music, pictures and documents) off ym hard drive without my computer being powered up? The battery is completely dead and it wont even come on. Its such an old computer I dont wanna sink any more money into fixing it really. I just want my stuff off it to put on a new one. Can anyone help me???

2. BG-0

BG-0

3. casper0191

casper0191

Well have try to get it networked then share the files to the another computer then save it there. Well you can do this If the laptop is working. Is the laptop is still working some how?

4. Hughv

Hughv

5. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    Any pc/laptop repair shops near you that might lend or sell you the cable you need?

6. shessorandom69

shessorandom69 Thread Starter

okies....Im not sure what numbers you need, but here are some that are on the bottom of hte laptop....

it says...

satellite P25-S507
    part number PSP20U-00VY3V
    serial number 83034130C

the laptop would work if I could charge the battery, however the place the power cord plugs into is broken....also I live in the middle of the boone docks (literally) and there are VERY limited options as to computer repair shops...we have a radio shack???

thanks for all your help....

7. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

No harm in asking at radio shack if you're passing - they might have something or know someone who might have cables etc

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/815222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice