1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recover e-mails after windows reinstall

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by werr, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. werr

werr Thread Starter

Here is the deal:
    I had more than 300 saved e-mails in outlook. One day my windows got fried and i had to reinstall it ( i did keep the data ). And now i am trying to find a way to recover those e-mails (if possible). Thanks for any help!

2. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

First Name:
    Bruce
    If you kept the data on the HD, try doing a search for .pst files. When you find the correct one, target Outlook to open that .pst file, and you should be all set.

3. werr

werr Thread Starter

Thanks, but I tried it and search didnt return any results. Do you have any other ideas that might help me?

4. bigelow_r

bigelow_r

If you were using Outlook, different from Outlook Express, then the only way the messages were saved is as a .pst file. However, if you used Outlook Express, they store a little different. Either way, if you explore in \Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Identities, you should find all files related to your mail in that area. Forgive me if the path isn't exact, I didn't stop to look it up. The application Data folder is hidden, so you'll have to show hidden files.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/761295

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice