1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recover Erase data

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ashras99, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

By mistake i quick erase the data from a rewritable cd. Please tell me there is any software which recover the erase data from a CD.

2. hewee

hewee

Don't know but don't use the CD at all till you hear from others here.

I have Norton unerase that works on zips so I guess it would also work in a CD-RW.

If you don't have it see if someone you know has it. It can be rin from the CD so you don't have to install the Norton software.
    But it works best if you use norton to take a " Image" of the CD after you burn. I do that with zips and you can get the data right back if you have not use it to add new data. Without the "image" you can still recovery data but you have to go tru maybe 1000's of files and piece it together. They are all name file 1, file 2 etc. So having the "image" done on it first you can just look for it and find the file name and click recover or right click and pick recovery to and have it recover to you hard drive.

3. hewee

hewee

4. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

hewee, Isobuster only recover files from a corrupted CD or DVD not quick erased cd.

5. hewee

hewee

6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

7. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

Rollin Again i alredy tried Badcopy Pro 3.72 but it shows no data in the CD. That means no recovery. CD roller doesnt support rewritable CD.

Hewee the software of ontrack is Easy Recover Professional and that doesn't allowed recover data from a Cd or dvd. That recover data only from formatted or deleted data from harddisk and removal media.

8. hewee

hewee

Did you know that you erased what you want back now or did you find out later that you erased something that you did not mean to.
    If you used the CD to write to again it would write over where your data was so your never recover it.

Do a search like I did and keep looking. If you need it real bad you can call some of the places that will do the recovering and ask them. But it will cost you.

9. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

I know what i am looking for it is collection of textures i collect in the last one year (*.jpg and *.tga)

10. hewee

hewee

Well there are a ton of textures on the web as I have 1000's and 1000;s of them.
    So maybe you well just have to go look again for them.
    What type of textures were they?

11. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

they are created by me and download from net with evry high res like 1280 x 1024 and bigger than this. You can tell me any good website where we get good textures free of cost.

12. hewee

hewee

Wow big textures.
    Ok but not tonight because I am off to bed now.

Tell me what type of textures.
    Seamless
    Wood
    ground
    stone
    water
    metal
    or just art work type.

Lots of places to go to so if I know more of what type it will save me some time.

Plus they will be free. :)

Good night

13. hewee

hewee

14. hewee

hewee

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice