1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recover files from Samsung Blu Ray BD-HDD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pebblesbundy, Apr 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pebblesbundy

pebblesbundy Thread Starter

I did a factory reset as my Samsung DVD recorder wasn't working too well. Model is BD-E8500A. Because I did a factory reset, I was shocked to find that all of my files on the DVD HDD were deleted. Is there any way I can get them back myself?

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

SarahSims likes this.
  3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, IF the data is important, you make multiple backups on different media. ALL drives fail; it is only a question of when the drive will fail.
    To answer the question, probably however it depends on how much money you want to spend. A very simple data recovery using just software generally runs $200 or so plus the cost of whatever media you want the data recovery to; ie you cannot recover data to the same drive you are scanning so you need to purchase another external, NAS, whatever. If you cannot recover using just software, the price goes way up from there; always get an estimate since this can run into the thousands of $

Here is a link to a free program that recovers data;
    https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

Do understand that the more you use the drive in question, the less chance of recovering anything. If this is a system drive with the operating system on it, then the chances go down again.

4. ronbel

ronbel

+1 on using Recuva. It is free and easy to use.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226340

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice