1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recover Files?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DarkMan_X, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DarkMan_X

DarkMan_X Thread Starter

Okay. I reinstalled Windows XP Pro today, and somewhere along the way, Windows reformatted my drive that I had everything backed up on. Games, MP3s, and most importantly, research papers that are due in a couple of weeks were all there. Is there any possible way to get these files back? I've heard of people doing this type of thing before.

2. rude

rude

You may have to download a file recovery program.In your position,I would go to Google here:http://www.google.ca/ and search for a file recovery program ASAP

3. LooneyTunes

LooneyTunes

Hi

As Rude has said, you will need a special recovery tool for this, and it's not guranteed to get your lost data. It all depends in weather that area has been written over.

Windows XP has several warnings on installation about what it's doing and it's about to format your drive...

4. DarkMan_X

DarkMan_X Thread Starter

Well, I scanned my drive, and it found a lot of files. Couldn't recover any of my mp3s, but I got most of my documents back which was the most important. Aside from losing all the MP3s, I'm pretty happy now.

5. rude

rude

Good news

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice