Recover Hard Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rhyder

Hi. I have Easy Recovery Pro, but I do not like the way it recovers files on a hard drive with a missing allocation table.

What software can I use to recover a hard drive where I know the data is still there, but the allocation table is missing. I used to use Norton Disk Doctor and Sytem Utilities.

Thank you:
Rhyder

rhyder said:
Hi. I have Easy Recovery Pro, but I do not like the way it recovers files on a hard drive with a missing allocation table.

What software can I use to recover a hard drive where I know the data is still there, but the allocation table is missing. I used to use Norton Disk Doctor and Sytem Utilities.

Thank you:
Rhyder
Rhyder, the best data recovery software that I've ever used in my many years of computing comes from a company called Stellar. Their Stellar Phoenix recovery programs have saved my bacon quite a few times. I highly recommend the programs. The program will get your data back even though the allocation table is missing. Get all the details at:

http://stellarinfo.com/

Good luck to you. Cheers.

rhyder

How does Stellarinfo compare to Easy Recovery Pro?

Does Stellarinfo give you the files back the same way they are stored, or does it lump them together, where you have to go through a bunch of directories named dir.001, dir.002 etc where 001 may be all jpg's and 002 may be all doc's? That is what easy recovery pro does.

Thank you:
Matthew

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online