1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recover Lost Data

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by xtremenorthwest, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xtremenorthwest

xtremenorthwest Thread Starter

I am looking for a program that could recover my lost data from my hard drive. I had to reformat my hard drive to reload windows and I deleted the second hard drive in my computer where my back up data is stored. Is there a program that can get my data back in the folder not by there extension?

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Was the data on a another partition on the same drive? Or a second physical drive?

3. xtremenorthwest

xtremenorthwest Thread Starter

I have two hard drives in my computer. One is a 120gb and the other is 200gb. 120 is where widows is loaded and the 200 is where my backup data is. So ya its my second drive (200gb) that im trying to get back.

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Reinstalling Windows on the 120GB drive should not have affected the 200GB drive. Does the drive not show up at all, or shows up empty, or access denied?

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

You have to explain "deleted my second drive"...do you mean you accidentally reformatted it?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice