1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recover Mail Account

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by canadamacman, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadamacman

canadamacman Thread Starter

My ISP had me delete my Account in Mail (1.3.9), now all my messages in my "In, Out, Drafts, Sent, Trash and Junk" mailboxes are gone!!!! Is there any way to get these back, if so, what is the proceedure?

Many thanks,

2. MSY-Houston

MSY-Houston

Go to:

username/Library/Mail/

I believe that's where your mailboxes are stored on your hard disk. For your Address Book files, go to:

username/Library/Application Support/AddressBook

Good luck.

3. canadamacman

canadamacman Thread Starter

You are correct, that is where they are. I have since found out that once you have deleted an Account, all associated Mailboxes are gone! If you have a data recovery tool you may be able to recover the file as long as there has been NO disc activity (Save). Address Book is a seperate issue not related to Mailboxes, but thank you for your feedback.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice