Recover OEM Number

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

usmcmom

Just received laptop from son, before going overseas..He gave me all software for laptop. Had to Reformat..When loading XP SP2 Home Edition on laptop..asking for OEM Number...He apparently didn't pack everything up when he sent it to me...How can I get the OEM Number for the software that came with the laptop? Do Not want to have to buy another copy..Can anyone help me figure out a way, who to contact, etc..

Since you've already reformatted the drive, I would say your only option is to call Microsoft and beg for mercy. Don't count on getting it; Bill Gates is the richest man in history, but he obviously isn't rich enough yet. Don't worry about that; I'm sure taking MORE of your money will make him feel even better and richer than he does now.

Good luck...

If the Windows version came with the laptop, the number *should* be on a Windows sticker under the laptop.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I have a HP Pavilion N5495 laptop and the product code is on a sticker on the bottom. If it's there, make sure to copy it exactly because some numbers and letters look the same.

If there's no sticker with no product code, you're pretty much out of luck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online