Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recover password in local account

839 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
i have opened my old laptop after 3 years. now I cant remember my password. i watched some videos to recover using cmd..but from certain point its different in coding..can u help me to the rest pls...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
This is the only viable solution we can provide from Microsoft:

[*]If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
[*]If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, see How to reset your Microsoft account password.
[*]If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
[/LIST]
If you still can't sign in, you must reinstall Windows. For Windows RT 8.1, contact your PC manufacturer.
Source: Change or reset your Windows password

Considering your machine hasn't had updates for 3 years, you should really do a clean install.

I am aware of a way to circumvent the proper procedure which includes modifying system files so we will not be able to help with this per our rules:

• Bypassing Passwords/PINs/Access Codes
    We would not want to help someone gain unauthorized access to a device or website. Posting hacks or cracks to bypass forgotten or unknown passwords, PINs (Personal Identification Numbers) or any other type of access code is not permitted. However, it may be possible to give advice on methods made available by the vendors/providers in order to regain access.
With that said, I will be closing this thread as any other ways would be against our rules for this particular question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.