1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

recovered video file has no video but only audio

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mukeshkumar, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mukeshkumar

mukeshkumar Thread Starter

I recovered few deleted mpeg video files using recuva undelete from my 8 yr old windows pc. Few of the files are very fine but few important ones have only audio running and there is no video in it. Pls suggest what to do. i tried different players like vlc, real player, window media etc but all are running audio only.

can anyone suggest what to do so that i may get and see video also ? or is there any better video recovery tool ?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    As you had to "recover" the files, and not simply copy them off the HDD, I'll state the obvious, the files are damaged. The fact that they have audio, would indicate the recovery software did it's job.

Open the files using gSpot or MediaInfo and see if the files can be properly identified.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice