Recovered XP. Files not showing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GraysonM

I recently had to recover my XP because of a problem installing some new ( but outdated) software.

This worked but now My Documents is showing empty and none of my files are present. If I search them using the search function I can locate them but there are thousands of files in there. I tried messing with the hidden settings in the file properties but this does not seem to be the issue. :(

In a related note, I can not get SP 2 to update and have had no luck using the support website. So, I tried installing service pack 3 for professionals and that cased a crash.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online