1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recovering a WordPad document?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ThankYouu, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ThankYouu

ThankYouu Thread Starter

Hello. Just recently, after running multiple things on my old laptop, it froze. It is still frozen, I haven't rebooted it. Thing is, I had an unsaved WordPad document open, and I want to recover it.

Is there any way I can get it back? Anyway to unfreeze the computer? If I rebooted it, would I still be able to get the document? I didn't once save it throughout making it.

Thanks very much. I appreciate any help.

EDIT: Upon it freezing, I have tried pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE in an attempt to unfreeze it. Nothing has happened yet.

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

I don't think that Wordpad keeps a backup copy of a document while writing it.
    If it's an exsiting document you were editting you should be able to recover the original one.
    I imagine (since you mention old laptop) that it is not Windows 7 and I don't know if earlier versions allow you to recover a previous version like Windows 7 does.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/927394