1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recovering data

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mustnged, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mustnged

Mustnged Thread Starter

I have a Quantum 10gb hard drive. When in Fdisk, it says Non-Dos partition with no valid file system listed. How do I get the data off this drive? It is not accessible when hooking up as a master or slave.

2. $teve

$teve

are you wanting to install an operating system on this drive?
    if so you can boot with the 2k/xp cd rom and format/install from there........without using a boot floppy.

3. Mustnged

Mustnged Thread Starter

thanks for the reply. i don't need an OS on the drive, just need a way to get the data off of it. It is not letting me access the drive because in Fdisk, it says there is a non-dos partition on it that is not active or no file system is listed. i was wondering how to access the data on this drive.

4. Dan O

Dan O

The drive is likely formatted as NTFS, which would require you to install NT, 2000, or XP to access it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!