recovering deleted files on memory stick

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maggiethedog

I am leaving my job in a few days and when transferring data from my memory stick to the company's computer I accidently deleted their accounts on Excel from the memory stick before I had transferred it. This was the only copy. I've tried a few recovery programmes but unless I want to spend £70 plus they dont let me save the recovered file. Anyone know a programme that works and is free or very cheap?

crjdriver

Something is not right here. A Company only has one copy of data and that data is on a flash drive???

Since this is a Company computer, contact the IT dept and have them fix the problem.

maggiethedog

Thanks but that is no help and a tad patronizing - we are a very very small charity and if we had an IT department then of course I would have contacted them. Not that it is any of your business but the other copies were destroyed by fire and I was the only person that had the remaining copy.
If anyone has any constructive help it would be very much appreciated

crjdriver

Since I still think something is not right with this post, provide a link to your Company site. It it is legit, I can post some freeware data recovery apps.

maggiethedog

Our new website is under construction at the moment but its www.irishsoldier.org

Please do not send an email to the address on the website as that goes directly to the boss and she doesnt know yet and I would like to get this fixed before she returns from holiday. I can be contacted on

crjdriver

BTW I edited out your email since posting an email is like a blinking neon sign for spam.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online