1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recovering Deleted System Restore Points for Windows XP / Folder Lock Problems?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Kyrrick, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kyrrick

Kyrrick Thread Starter

Anyone have any idea on how to either recover encrypted folders locked by Folder Lock or how to recover and use deleted system restore points?

I read the thread about recovering deleted restore points here, and the thread about Folder Lock issues here, but there is no definite answer.

Problem: I locked a few folders using Folder Lock (FL) and then put the program in Stealth Mode. In order to access FL again (since its in Stealth Mode) it is necessary to use the hot key combination "ctl+alt+F". I tried this the next day and nothing happened. I then tried to reinstall FL, but I received a message telling me that I have to uninstall the copy of FL that is already on my disk. So, I tried uninstalling FL and I received a message telling me that FL has already been uninstalled. I tried this three more times with the exact same results.

I figured I'd just restore the system to a previous date. But, come to find out, all of the system restore points have been deleted (undoubtedly because of my frequent use of Window Washer and CCleaner.) I was able to recover a file named "RestorePointSize" using the program Recuva, but I have no idea what to do with it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/772162