1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recovering from a Virus

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Husker59, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Husker59

Husker59 Thread Starter

After recently getting a lua worm from the hl2 mod "Garry's Mod" I started having tons of computer problems. I believe that the LUA worm downloaded and installed other viruses, one of which was LLS.32.blaster.vbs

After booting windows from the CD I found I no longer had the program titles on the task bar,t I had trouble deleting folders (although I could delete individual files),and even copying and pasting files. I tried to preform a system restore but that gave me an error, so I tried to preform a XP repair from the install cd but mid way through the install I got an fatal error. Now every time I restart my computer it brings me back to the windows xp setup screen.

I am trying to move several folders from my C drive to my D drive so that I can reformat but every time I try to change directories (IE trying to go from D: to D:\downloads, I can still go from c to d though) in prompt it tells me access is denied. Also I can delete individual files in prompt but again not folders.

Thanks for any help!

2. bbearren

bbearren

You need to clean out the virus/worm/trojan infestation. Just moving files and folders to another drive isn't going to protect you. Malware hides in all sorts of places.

You should post a HijackThis log in the Security Forum and get help to get your system cleaned out.

3. Krelian

Krelian

Wow, I didn't think it was possible to get a worm from luas. Do you remember the name of the server?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!