Recovering images from SSD

Hydrazed

Hi! I've been trying to recover some images and videos the last few weeks that got lost when i accidentally deleted a whole drives worth of them. Been using many different programs like Recuva and Tenorhshare 4DDiG. I get the images and videos back but couldn't view them in any shape or form. It said "can't view file", so i dug around and looked at their header and saw they were straight zero's all the way. Is there anyway to fix that or is it just hopeless at that point?

crjdriver

Rename the file with the correct suffix ie jpeg, mp4, whatever. See if it works. If it does, great. If not, that is just one of the reasons why we stress backups SO much. Data you do not have at the very least two copies on separate media is data you do not care about.

Hydrazed

Rename the file with the correct suffix ie jpeg, mp4, whatever. See if it works. If it does, great. If not, that is just one of the reasons why we stress backups SO much. Data you do not have at the very least two copies on separate media is data you do not care about.
So if that doesn't work then im essentially out of luck then?

crjdriver

It depends on how much money you want to spend. If that does not work, you can send the drive to a data recovery shop. Note this is NOT cheap. Where I live a very basic data recovery using software runs $199.00 plus the cost of whatever media you want the recovered data copied to ie you cannot recover to the same media you are scanning.

It goes WAY up from there with some data recoveries running $1000.00 or more. If you decide to go this route, make sure you get an estimate prior to shipping the drive to the shop.

texasbullet

Ramon
Here is a video which shows you how to recover your deleted files. Not sure if you may get all files from your HDD but its worth a try. You can use the free version or buy it if interested.

or try this program.

Hydrazed

One last question then i'll close this thread, if all hex values are missing from a png (straight zeroes as before) could the png be encrypted in anyway or are the hex values just gone. Thought of copying hex values from another image which used the same software but if i copy all the hex values then it's just the same picture I am producing.

crjdriver

You can name the file anything you want as long as the suffix is correct ie jpeg, mp4, whatever. Generally when you see files with just 0s, it means that it is only a fragment of a file.

Hydrazed

You can name the file anything you want as long as the suffix is correct ie jpeg, mp4, whatever. Generally when you see files with just 0s, it means that it is only a fragment of a file.
And the suffix, where do insert that into the hex values?

crjdriver

I do not think you are understanding. The suffix is just that; comes at the end of the file. You can call or rename the file anything you want ie 123.jpeg. You just need to make sure there is a proper file type ie .png or .jpeg.
As I said, I doubt you are going to recover anything without professional help. If you rename the file and it does not work, then sending it to a data recovery shop is about the only other option. By shop, I mean just that a real shop and NOT a chain store.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online