1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recovering outlook.pst after deletion

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mellefs, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mellefs

mellefs Thread Starter

Hello - I am here as a last resort. Yesterday, I ran a defrag software on my laptop and discovered several fragmented files. Stupidly, I deleted archive.pst and outlook.pst. I have downloaded and run (on a backup drive) several different recovery softwares and have not been able to even find outlook.pst. I cannot open Outlook without these two files.

I have lost all of my contacts, inbox emails, calendar, etc. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help me find my files? I was able to find a copy of archive.pst (which was deleted first) but not outlook.pst. I do not have anything backed up and I now realize how foolish that is.

Thank you.
    Meg

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Since you have installed "several different recovery softwares" I would say that your files are toast.

Once one starts adding files then the area the deleted ones were using may be over written by the added files.

3. mellefs

mellefs Thread Starter

I installed the recovery software on a backup drive - not the hard drive where the original files were stored.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976673

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice