1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

recovering replaced pgn files win95

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by takatomon1, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takatomon1

takatomon1 Thread Starter

i feel really stupid asking this question after searching win95/98 for "lost files" and finding no-one has replaced a file accidentally.
    is there a program or way to recover my accidently replaced pgn files? i was at the internet chess club and my autosave wasn't working and while trying to manually save a game that i wanted to study, i replaced my c:/BlitzIn2/TerranKotra.pgn file thinking i was replacing the game that wasn't loading. now all 1000+ games in my database are history. wahhhhhhh! are the files gone or just hidden?

p.s. too bad you don't have an akira or takato icon :rolleyes:

p.p.s. this site rocks! i will be placing it on my 3 best links list
    @yahoo!

2. john1

john1

Hi takatomon1,

Welcome to the site, please excuse the delay,
    hopefully things here are OK now.

I assume you have tried the FIND facility?
    You can set the choices to select files between dates,
    So if you know when the files were moved or modified,
    the system can return a list of files, and hopefully they
    may include the ones you want.
    Start, Find, Files or folders, Date Modified,
    then have a little read, and choose what suits best.

Best of luck with it,
    Regards, John

3. takatomon1

takatomon1 Thread Starter

thanks again john1. the files are history. whatever you do people... NEVER REPLACE A FILE UNLESS YOU WANT THE OLD ONE TO DISAPPEAR FOREVER! it may be that some software i've downloaded since then overwrote my pgn files. *sigh* wish i knew about this site earlier.:(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice