1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recovery and Winload.exe

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by williamorc, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williamorc

williamorc Thread Starter

Hi, I am having issues latly with my dell XPS computer. A couple weeks ago i saw that there was an update for my nvidia graphics driver. I did as I usually do and installed the update and restarted my computer. After this my computer screen would not load (everything else worked, i was able to access my computer through the network and everything). So i did some research and people said to load up the computer and roll back the drivers. More problems started happening, While booting into safe mood, it got stuck everytime at what i think was classPNP or something like that, i cant remember it was a while ago. I decided to use the dell recovery system by pressing f8 and hitting repair. This option would just cause my computer to load up normally with no prompts or anything. After a few hard shut offs (holding power button), my computer wanted to do a disk check and so I let it. After it was done, it miraculously let me go into safe mode and i was able to roll back the drivers.

Unfortunatly my problems werent over. My computer from then on has been acting slow, and just buggy all around. I play a game called league of legends and it would just randomly stop working and id have to reboot to get back into the game. Now its progressed that my computer wont even load the game. I decided to try and do the repair thing using dell datasafe local backup. Everytime i try to use it, it restarts and says "winload.exe" is missing or corrupt in system 32. The repair feature (f8) doesnt do anything and i have no discs to repair startup or anything like that. I called dell and they are sending me new discs and drivers so that i can do it using the discs but im just wondering if there is any other solution? I DO want to restore it to factory settings so i have backed eveyrhting up that i want.

Thanks for any help!

2. williamorc

I found this program called Easybcd, but im too afraid to actually use it. Is this a solution to my problem?

3. williamorc

So does no one have any answers?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice