1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RECOVERY CD for HP 500

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Bharakat, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bharakat

Bharakat Thread Starter

Hey i am looking for a hp 500 recovey cd. Because i can do nothing with my pc at the moment. if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Sorry nothing for HP 500. Want to give us the full model and number please. I.E. Pavillion 500?

3. Bharakat

Bharakat Thread Starter

Hey! Thanx for your reply. Thought no1 would ever bother replying. All its says on the laptop is that its a hp 500. In my "getting started booklet" it says: Hp notebook pc.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

There has to be a model series such as Pavillion,
    I see an Omni Book 500.....is this old with a Pentium III cpu?

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Well now I see no restore disks offered there which they normally are within the downloads.
    Have you tried accessing Restore Partition? Tap F10 continuously after pressing power button until you see the opportunity to access Recovery Partition. If not F10 try F 11.

7. Bharakat

Bharakat Thread Starter

Yes i tried accessing the restore partition. tapped f10 and then the pc asks me to insert a RECOVERY CD DISK #1. The reason for this whole "mess" is that i installed the XP Service Pack 3 for XP(it was a self extracting program) and then a blue screen popeed up telling me one of the files couldn't be found. That's when i backed my pc up. After i did that it asked me to insert the Recovery Cd. Which i don't have.

8. Bharakat

Bharakat Thread Starter

the computer's product number is: RQ260AA#ACQ
    s/n: CND6471VLK

9. Bharakat

Bharakat Thread Starter

HP 500
    RQ260AA#XXX
    (may vary based on local regulatory requirements)

ProcessorIntel Pentium M Processor 740 (1.73-GHz, 533-MHz FSB, 2-MB L2 cache)1Operating SystemGenuine Windows XP Home Edition SP2ChipsetMobile Intel 915GM Express ChipsetSystem Memory512-MB 533-MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    One SODIMM slot; maximum optional memory 1024 MB2 Hard Drive 60-GB3 5400 rpm SMART PATARemovable MediaDVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL DriveDisplay 14.1-inch WXGA (1280 x 800 resolution)
    VGA port supports resolutions up to 2048 x 1536 at 75 Hz, and lower resolutions at up to 100 Hz4 Graphics Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 AudioConexant CX20468
    Integrated speaker
    Stereo headphone/line out
    Microphone inCommunicationsIntel 82562V 10/100 Network Connection
    Conexant Ultima HD2.0 56K modem5 Integrated WirelessIntel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11 b/g WLANPointing Device Touchpad with scroll zone, two soft-touch pick buttonsBattery 4-cell (32 WHr) Lithium-Ion Power External 65W adapter Warranty 1/1/0

10. Rich-M

Rich-M

Calling for cd on F10 is odd, did you try F11? Your best bet is to call HP and arrange to buy the restore disks, they are only about $20 including freight.
    Go here and do an online chat and find out how to buy the cd's.
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact/chat_1.html

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice