Recovery Console for OEM version of XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

geoffm33

I am having a boot problem. I get a BSOD (UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME) every time I try to boot. I have found plenty of help here and on other sites but here is my exisiting problem.

I can't use the downloadable boot floppies (6 floppy set) that contains the Recovery Console because my computer (IBM Thinkpad A31) doesn't have a floppy drive.

Is there a way to get those 6 disk images onto one CD?

geoffm33

Thanks for the reply, but I do not have the WinXP CD. The way that IBM shops their systems is with a recovery partition that is hidden during normal operation. If you need to access the "IBM Program Recovery" you can during startup.

They do not ship CD's with their systems (atleast not with mine!).

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Oh, you have an install/recovery CD. I have OEM for W2K and it's a full program, just didn't get the books, box, etc... :)

I don't see why you couldn't burn the floppies to a CD, but it will need to be bootable.

Maybe som XP user has an idea how to do that...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online