Recovery D?...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chimknee

I have a Dell XPS 420 with Vista. I put a music CD into my D drive and it wouldn't play. I opened My Computer to click the D and found that it was labeled RECOVERY (D) and looked like another hard drive. What is that and where did it come from? The music CD doesn't even show up. Any comments?

That will be a "hidden partition" on the main hard drive for restoring the computer to factory settings (deleting all data in the process).

Most "brand name" computers supply Windows in that manner, so they don't have to supply a CD.

Look at your drive allocations under Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer management - Storage - Disk management. Mine has 8.79 GB of hidden space with no Disk letter assigned.

chimknee

I followed your instructions to Computer Management and it shows Recovery D as healthy. The D drive is supposed to be my DVD player/burner and it was untill yesterday when I put in a CD and it wouldn't play. How can I get this Recovery off D and back to my CD drive?

jbemp

Banned
If you are on line I can remote into your PC right now and fix it for you. I am an IT tech and I do this kind of thing all the time! Just let me know by email [email protected]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online