1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

recovery disc doesn't work

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Jyccyj, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jyccyj

Jyccyj Thread Starter

Problem started when I tried to uninstall IE6 using ControlPanel/Add Remove programs. It said previous version would be restored and to reboot. This brought up the error -Fault C:\Windows\System\browseuil.dll - froze and crashed.
    After that switching on starts self test and displays wallpaper then nothing. Couldn't find Startup disc so used Norton Rescue disks. Norton Basic Boot up floppy restored Partition table saved oct. NU Emergency Disk 1 threw up 'memory allocation error Cannot load COMMAND. system halted.'
    Decided to do a Sytem Restore using Toshiba Product recovery Disk which formatted hard drive then produced error "F3D failed"
    Switching on now displays Toshiba welcome screen and then following message"Invalid System disk, replace the disk and then press any key"
    If recovery disk doesn't work what on earth do I do. I expected it to restore the factory settings which is what happens on this Pc which uses Windows 98.
    Toshiba satellite 1800 700 using ME 850 Mhz

2. gmacneil

gmacneil

If you formatted your hard drive then you will have to reinstall your operating system

3. Jyccyj

Jyccyj Thread Starter

I am trying to install the system. My problem is that the System restore disk or product Recovery disc as Toshiba calls it doesn't work. It produced the eroor so the problem remains - as Restore/recovery disk doesn't work what can I do? Someone please help.

4. fpmm25

fpmm25

You could try with a another computer downloading a bootdisk of win me or win 98 and see if you can use that. Don't have the link but hope it works.

Otherwise I don't know if I can help you. because maybe if everything else fails you may need to reformat your hard drive again and install a operating system from another disk.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice