Recovery discs

Sarveshramesh

Can I use windows 8 recovery discs in windows 10 . I have four recovery discs that came with the purchase.

Sarveshramesh

Sir , please , help me , I want to go back to windows 8 from windows 10 . how to use four recovery discs of windows 8 in windows 10 to reinstall windows 8 in windows 10

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Were the discs created for that PC? If yes then you’re fine; if not then it’ll not work.
If you use the recovery discs then yes it will return to Windows 8. It will completely delete everything off the hard drive so ensure you have your files backed up & all program discs/installers.
The discs should be inserted in a certain order - 1 to 4, the installation will inform you when to insert the next disc in the set.

Sarveshramesh

Were the discs created for that PC? If yes then you’re fine; if not then it’ll not work.
If you use the recovery discs then yes it will return to Windows 8. It will completely delete everything off the hard drive so ensure you have your files backed up & all program discs/installers.
The discs should be inserted in a certain order - 1 to 4, the installation will inform you when to insert the next disc in the set.
yes the four discs belong to the same pc. does the present os matter. because now i have windows 10. will that windows 8 recovery discs work on windows 10 ?

TerryNet

Terry
You boot to the first (number 1) Recovery DVD. It does not matter what (if any) OS is installed on the hard drive or SSD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts