1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recovery Disk Windows Activation Product Key

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by zombiewizard, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zombiewizard

zombiewizard Thread Starter

So my toshiba satellite crashed and everything I tried to fix it failed. I used the recovery disks and now it won't accept my product key. I've called every number for both microsoft and toshiba that's available and no one has helped me. I'm getting really worked up over this, because it's not even like the product key is invalid, it just says the 8th character is unacceptable! Am I really going to have to buy a new product key?!?!

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

Have you tried the numbers in this list: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

I doubt Toshiba would be able to help with this problem but Microsoft should, as long as your existing key is genuine. Some keys do get blocked due to piracy or from frequent revalidation. Usually a call to Microsoft will get you another key.

Have you got a Product Key licence sticker on the PC?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!