1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recovery Drive

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ChemicalMonkey, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChemicalMonkey

ChemicalMonkey Thread Starter

You know how when you get a new HP computer it has the HP RECOVERY Partition drive on it, well...how do you make it?

I got vista on my pc and the recovery is for xp, so i want to make a vista one as well

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Don't believe you can. Not a good idea, anyway, since it can't help if the hard drive dies.

Better to make an image of your whole system and put it on another hard drive or DVD's so you can restore even to a new hard drive.

Commercial Apps:

O&O DiskImage
    Acronis True Image Home
    Keriver Image
    Avanquest Copy Commander
    Paragon Drive Backup
    NovaBackup
    R-Drive Image
    Norton Ghost
    HDClone Pro or Enterprise
    Terabyte Image for Windows
    Terabyte Image for DOS (can directly access FAT, FAT32, and NTFS partitions)
    Spotmau Disk Clone & Backup

3. 00trav

00trav

i just got a new hp, they have a built in utility, and it seems to work, since i have already had to use it. go to start>all programs>recovery manager> recovery disc creator. that will let you make a set of recovery disc's.

fyi: it will take about 2+ hours.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice