Recovery Folder

KimeeSmith11

IMac OS X El Captain Version: 10.11.6;
I noticed a recovered file on my desktop and I have no idea how long it’s been there. It has about 10 pictures of it, that were deleted along with quite a few other pictures. Why would just a few pictures appear in a recovered file on the desktop when these pictures were deleted with a lot of other ones?

Attachments

IMac OS X El Captain Version: 10.11.6;
I noticed a recovered file on my desktop and I have no idea how long it’s been there. It has about 10 pictures of it, that were deleted along with quite a few other pictures. Why would just a few pictures appear in a recovered file on the desktop when these pictures were deleted with a lot of other ones?
Have you upgraded software recently? Some Photo programs will create a Recovery Folder as you delete files..

The recovered files are temporary files used by macOS apps, If an app quits unexpectedly, it may not be able to delete the temporary files before it quits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online