1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recovery

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by e21932, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. e21932

e21932 Thread Starter

I purchased my windows Vista about a year ago. The recovery is automatically saved in a D drive. I had a major power surge and lost everything. The password was saved in my documents (I know Stupid) and I cannot get my computer to recover. Is there a way to reset my password or another way to access my recovery? Or do I need to pay the 50 dollars to microsoft and explain it 5 times to the techs they have on the phone?
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. smbd

smbd

you might try recovery software (which is round of 50-70$ as well, but you could search for cheaper or free one) before.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

You mean that the recovery is password-protected?

What is the problem with the machine? We can't help you with passwords, but we may be able to help with the underlying problem.

If you have an XP machine available, you could also make a bootable UBCD4Win CD to access your documents. Ubuntu, Knoppix, or any other Linux distro with NTFS drivers can also access those files.

4. e21932

e21932 Thread Starter

I really appreciate the feedback. My thirteen year old kid was right...
    stop being cheap and take care of it. Looks like he was right. Again, thank you both for the help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice