Recurring Annoying Pop-up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ice9

For some reason, Internet Explorer doesn't work on my computer. I don't have a problem with that, I don't use it, however, I keep getting a pop-up message, saying, "Internet Explorer cannot download gettime.php from setup.bestmanage.org."
Then the pop-up goes on to say, "Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

Now, here's my problem...this pop-up occurs every 30-45 seconds, non-stop. even if i don't click on "OK" to close the window then, another one pops up. I went to work the other day and when i came home, there were 300 of these messages waiting for me on my computer. What can I do to stop this annoyance?

I'm running Window XP Pro with Firefox as my main browser.

:eek:

Google Results for setup.bestmanage.org
CastleCops® Malware links
hXXp://setup.bestmanage.org/framecj.php?aff_id=5035 · hXXp://teadis.net/google.exe · hXXp://teadis.net/systems.exe · hXXp://teadis.net/zip.exe ...
www.castlecops.com/p960956-Malware_links.html - Similar pages
CastleCops® Another dodgy registry cleaner site

bestmanage.org | Web Safety Ratings from McAfee SiteAdvisor
hXXp://setup.bestmanage.org/framecj.php?aff_id=5035 (exploit) Complete scanning result of "xar5026v7.exe", received in VirusTotal at 07.05.2007, ...
www.siteadvisor.com/sites/bestmanage.org/postid/?p=397284 - 4 Jul 2007 - Similar pages

Bad request [2]
This site may harm your computer.
Bad request [2]
setup DOT bestmanage DOT org setup.php?aff_id=5041 - Similar pages

ice9

i figured that it wasnt something i wanted on my computer, but i want to know how to get the warning to stop popping up. Since i wrote the initial post, i have closed out the warning approximately 200 times.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online