1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recurring BSOD

Discussion in 'Games' started by TyrusAdelais, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyrusAdelais

TyrusAdelais Thread Starter

Recurring BSOD
    I'll start off with that nifty tool suggested by the site.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16365 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 114368 MB, Free - 20746 MB; D: Total - 99 MB, Free - 61 MB; E: Total - 898018 MB, Free - 584993 MB; F: Total - 55845 MB, Free - 18381 MB; G: Total - 953766 MB, Free - 455438 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

So far, I only get this bluescreen when I play League of Legends. I've played Dragon Age: Inquisition, World of Warcraft and Shadows of Mordor - all at maximum settings - without any problem. Prior to bluescreens, I was receiving a League specific error of 183, which was failure to create minidump. I don't know why, but I do know that issue has stopped happening ever since I did a full uninstall and driversweeper of my former AMD drivers. I recently upgraded from a HD 7850 to an R9 290, and that's around when this issue started.

I've ran memtest, no errors. I don't remember the exact runs, but I left it on overnight.
    I've ran a Video Memory Stress Test and received no errors.

I can play League and it will happen just about every time. It's never happened multiple times in one gaming session. I've done a full reinstall of League as well.

I'm also receiving errors like these in Event Viewer:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}
    and APPID
    {344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Just recently, I received one of these:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Component: AMD Northbridge
    Error Source: Machine Check Exception
    Error Type: HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error
    Processor ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

It was the first one ever.

I seem to also only ever have one copy of a dump file (the most recent) for any of these errors.

I have not tried testing with my HD 7850 yet, but when I gamed with it I still had the error 183. I hoped my upcoming upgrade would solve that.

League appears to also be the ONLY game this occurs in, but it's also the one that I play the most, so I don't want to throw that out as a reliable bias (although I somewhat have).

Attached Files:

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Honestly I don't know, but reading through I have a thought.

Have you, or have you tried, installing the game with admin rights?
    Only asking because of the permission errors. Seems like the game is trying to read/write to a file with higher permissions than the game has, and is then getting blocked and crashing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148148

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice