Recurring password request :-(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

seawolf48

Running Windows Vista Premium on Dell Inspiron. With Outlook, have annoying request for server, user name and password that keeps popping up on the screen not allowing completion of other activities. Have tries to replace "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Protect" line but that fix did not work. Can anyone help? Thanks

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi seawolf48

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

If you key in the Server, User name and password, does it allow the activities to progress?
What type of prompt is this? For Sending and Receiving?

seawolf48

Thanks, No, I cannot continue:
Sometimes I get error message: Task '[email protected] - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] invalid user or password'

I tried the MicroSoft Registry Fix (Art. 321652) but could not cretae new string value: string ncadg_ip_udp REG_SZ Rpcrt4.dll was missing. Got the message Cannot create value writing to registry

Even with outlook closed this annoying request has come up seven times while drafting this message!

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
That's great!

Were you able to open the Personal Folders you were using in the previous profile?

Are you using Outlook 2007?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online