Recurring reminders don't pop up in Outlook 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

barbiegal7

Hi everyone,

Just started using Outlook 2003. I imported ICalendar files from my Google calendar which included recurring events.

I noticed that recurring event reminders are not popping up. I tried creating a new reminder, thinking maybe the imported items were the issue. No pop up. If I create a one-time event, I get the reminder without issue.

I have found several forums with people complaining of this issue. I have tried all the suggested fixes (and I've seen on other forums that these fixes sometimes don't work for people as they didn't for me). Here's what I've tried to no avail:

1) Detect and repair
2) Cleanreminders switch
3) Resetfolders switch
4) Confirmed that popup display is checked.

I've resorted to dragging the calendar items into "tasks" and getting my reminders that way. Recurring tasks DO popup as they should as do, again, single-event reminders on the calendar. Birthdays, recurring appt's, etc. are a no go, though.

I'm about ready to go back to Google Calendar with GMinder! Ack!

I'm using Outlook 2003, Windows 7 on an HP desktop.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online