1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recurring Shutdown Syndrome, is there no cure?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cheesyboy, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cheesyboy

cheesyboy Thread Starter

Hey, I'm running Windows XP Professional on my other computer, and everything seems fine when you start it up, but after 10-15 mins there is a recurring problem.

First windows will always display the error message that 'LSA SHELL (EXPORT VERSION)' has encountered a problem and will be closed.

Then a few minutes later always, a message pops up saying that I should save all my work etc. because windows will be shut down and restarted in exactly 1 minute (A timer counts down the seconds) It says that the thing was initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM

It says there's some problem with the file:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe with the status code -1073741819.

And then after the countdown reaches 0 it shuts off and restarts. This has happened everytime I try to use that comptuer without fail (Sometimes it starts after half an hour of use, sometimes a minute, etc etc.)

If anybody can help me with this problem I would be very grateful, thanks a lot.

2. doggard

doggard

3. mtown_onsite

mtown_onsite

And then you should make sure you turn on the windows firewall, then install all of the patches/updates.

4. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

5. drkilldrmz

drkilldrmz

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice