Recycle bin asking to delete windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mickey P

I recently downloaded and installed Windows Service pack 1 from the windows update site. Well almost immediately to computer was trying use ungodly amounts of physical memory. To make a long story short, I had to restore the system to before the windows update. Now I notice my recycle bin has files to be emptied but there is nothing in there. When I go to empty the recycle bin, a message pops up asking me “are you sure you want to delete ‘windows’. Has anyone ever seen this?

It happened to me also. I gave up the idea of emptying the recycle bin, eventually it disappeared.

Mickey P

Thanks so much for the help. I couldn't find thoses posts on the same problem. It helped me out alot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online