Recycle bin backup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GrayGuy

I have used WinOptimzer to delete a whole lot of unnecessary files. The software advises that you empty the Recycle bin first so that you know what WinOptimizer has deleted in case you want to get the files back.

I emptied the Recycle bin and then ran WinOptimizer which deleted about 450 mb of unnecessary files. I don't plan to delete any files for a while, but I don't want to maintain such a large amount of dead files in the Recycle bin. I regularly run virus scans and spyware scans and don't want to spend extra time scanning the files in the Recycle bin.

I would like to burn the files in the Recycle bin to a CD and then empty the bin, but my Nero software won't recognise the Recycle bin as a folder. I am using Burnatonce too, but I have the same problem with that. I tried creating a new folder to copy in everything from the Recycle bin, but I appear to have lots of duplicate files in the Recycle bin (I don't understand how these duplicates exist in the Recycle bin as I only have one drive).

Any help appreciated.

Open the recycle bin
Highlight the items that you want to "save"
drag them to a cd and burn them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online