1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

recycle bin can't delete program Dc57

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Da22ve, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Da22ve

Da22ve Thread Starter

I am running Windows XP and when I try to empty my recycle bin which am told has 15 items inside I get an error message (recycle bin can't delete program Dc57) When I open the bin it is empty. Though trying to empty it again I get the above response!
    Help.
    Thanks Dave.

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Go to Start/Run and type in CMD:

Type CD\ RECYCLER, and then press ENTER.
    Type ATTRIB -r -s -h info2, and then press ENTER.
    Type DEL INFO2, and then press ENTER.

NOTE: This deletes the damaged INFO2 file. Windows will recreate this file as needed, automatically.

3. Da22ve

Da22ve Thread Starter

Thanks it worked a treat.

4. koepked

koepked

I've got a somewhat similar problem. Norton said The file C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1417001333-573735546-682003330-1004\Dc88.tmp is a Adware threat. It couldn't delete the file, it didn't come up when I tried to search for it, and when I go to The file C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1417001333-573735546-682003330-1004, it's not there. When i tried doing cmd, ATTRIB -r -s -h info2, it said info2 not found. How do I get rid of this sucker?

5. Da22ve

Da22ve Thread Starter

Yes it's no longer works for me either?

6. preet_kumar

preet_kumar

I have Windows-xp home SP2. When I read this thread, I looked into my 'recycler' folder and did not find any 'info2' file (I have set the windows explorer folder options to show all hidden and system files and folders). Does anyone have any explaination why my recycler does not have this file? Thanks.

Preet Gill-Kumar

7. Code101

Code101

I had the same problem with info2 not showing in the Home edition. This is gonna sound a stange workaround, but it worked for me.
    Open Nero and select to create a CD.
    In the explorer window on the left you'll see "recycler" on the drive.
    Go inside it and you'll see the info 2 file.
    Right click it and uncheck "hidden"
    Now try the arrib command.

I know it's a bizarre workaround but as I say, it worked for me. Hope it helps.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice