Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recycle Bin Deletion Files and Missing Kindle Reader App

Solved 
831 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  connie189 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have something odd going on with my recycle bin. I thought I'd check it to see if it needed emptying.

Files from my Desk Top and other documents I don't want deleted are listed. Not sure how this page got there.

I haven't seen this in the reycle bin before.

My husband thinks the computer is "cleaning up" and getting rid of unnessary files.

I don't want to delete this because it just doesn't look right.

Rectangle Azure Blue Font Screenshot

Also, the link to my Kindle Reader recently disappeared. Odd.

Please advise.

Thank you :)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210401180550.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400T CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (869 GB Free); D: 931 GB (913 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. V230IC-DDR4, ver Rev 1.xx, s/n MB-1234567890
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n G6PTCJ005350
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#2 ·
From within the Recycle Bin (as in your pic.) you can restore files back to where they came from by right-clicking on them then clicking Restore on the popup menu.
If you select all the files by clicking on the top one then holding Shift key down and clicking on the last one you can restore them all in one operation.

#3 ·
Hi,

We checked; the files are still on Desk Top which is odd if they're also in the Recycling Bin??
(Just trying to understand). So we still would be restoring the files?

What would this mean if the files are in both places? Did I do something for this to happen?

Thanks so much... learning. :)

Connie

#4 ·
No you don't need to restore any files if they are all still in their original locations.
It would be a good idea to copy them to another folder though in case something weird happens in the future.
One possibility is the files were copied into the Recycle Bin by mistake. Are you running any system optimising software ?
I doubt it's a Windows problem but let me know if it happens again.

#7 ·
I am not sure how it affects my files
One thing mentioned in all the blurbs for ASC is that it cleans junk files. Since you let it do this, it might well remove files that you do not consider junk but the program does.
It is safer to remove what you want and not depend on a program to simply go through your files and folders and toss things out.

#8 ·
Hi,

Thank you both for helping me understand. :)

How can I clean out junk folders without ASC?

Hubby set up the program but isn't sure how to manually clean out junk items. He also said he was using some of the features of ASC for security reasons (blocking).

#9 ·
I think ASC may have put those files from the Desktop into the Recycle Bin because they had not been used for a long time.

If you do want to keep ASC I would turn of anything in it to do with 'junk files' or similar.

You can use this Windows 10 tool to remove files that are no longer needed :-
https://www.howtogeek.com/348635/use-windows-10s-new-free-up-space-tool-to-clean-up-your-hard-drive/

There's no need to worry about 'junk files' unless they are large files taking up a lot of space and you don't have much space left on the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.