1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

recycle bin gone wacky

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by asoleil123, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. asoleil123

asoleil123 Thread Starter

I am on Vista Home edition for a few years already and never had a problem but for a few weeks my recycle bin empties by itself overnight and sometimes during the day. The recycle bin properties are set to hold the deleted items sent to it. I would manually empty at will but not any more. What happenned to cause this changhe?

2. huggie54

huggie54

did you change your AV software

3. asoleil123

uh? what is AV software?

4. huggie54

huggie54

antivirus

5. asoleil123

The anti-virus/spy-ware etc software on the system is from Rogers, our cable & internet provider. This gets updated all the time. I had Eset before but it conflicted with the Rogers' service. With Eset, I never worried. It was better than Norton. Eset was paid in full a long time ago then suddenly then wanted more money.

6. lazybear

lazybear

From what I can tell from Rogers site, you are using Norton security. By digging around in there, I also found a few people with the same complaint and the reasoning was because they (Rogers) fixed a bug that left a few files (.tmp files) in the recycle bin but the aftermath of the fix was that it would automatically delete everything in your recycle bin daily.

I would suggest temporarily disabling your av and see if the problem persists. There are plenty of free av programs out there to choose from.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919620

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice