1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recycle Bin icon missing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vaughan3500, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vaughan3500

vaughan3500 Thread Starter

I have Windows XP and cannot locate the Recycle Bin icon to empty it. Can someone help?

2. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

Right click your Desktop>Arrange Icons By and checkmark Show Desktop Icons.

If that doesn't solve the problem go to the link below, scroll down to line 64 (Right column) and click on "Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP" to download a reg file fix. Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Tufenuf

3. vaughan3500

Thanks! Now that I've flocated my Recycle icon, is it ok to delete files in it? I am attempting to delete files from an external harddrive but am getting a message that there is not enough room in my Recycle Bin.

4. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

vaughan3500, Any files you deleted and put them in your Recycle Bin should be safe to delete or you wouldn't have put them there. You can also right click your Recycle Bin, choose Properties and under the global tab increase the Maximum Size of the Recycle Bin if you wish to.

Tufenuf

5. vaughan3500

Awesome! I've learned so much dealing with this problem. Thanks for your help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/748018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice