Recycle Bin icon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joshto123

I uninstalled some software to free up more space, and while doing this my recycle bin icon disapperared, how do i put the icon back?

Help me, thanks

buck52

Banned
Howdy joshto123

If your using XP try this...

right click the start button then click explore...look in the left pane all the way at the bottom is the Recycle bin there...if so then up at the top of the left pane click Desktop...the contents of your desktop should show in the right pane... now just click on the recycle bin and drag a copy over to the desktop...close out explorer and a shortcut to your Recycle Bin should be on your desktop

buck

Click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click the Display icon.
In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Desktop tab, and then click Customize Desktop. Then click Restore Defaults.

joshto123

I tried both, theSECOND one, form DAn whne i restored the defaults, nothing happened, it stayed the same.... when i tried the FIRST one i dragged it to my desktop and it just dragged the exact same thing, no icon

How can i fix this? any other options??

buck52

Banned
Howdy

When you drag and drop copy in the desktop pane does it show there but not show on the actual desktop?

How bout if you try dragging a copy directly to the actual desktop

buck

joshto123

I juts got it working, i actually enden up figuring it out on my own, thanks anyways
!!!!

joshto123

display properties, desktop, customize desktop, hilight recycle bin, change icon, and change it back to normal and then ok and apply

ONE more problem now though, in customiz my desktop, i have 2 pictures of recycle bins one says (full) and one says (empty)

how do i get rid of one?

buck52

Banned
i have 2 pictures of recycle bins one says (full) and one says (empty)
Not sure how to get rid of one... I have both as well

I used TweakUI to hide it from my desktop anyway

buck

Its standard to have two. One for full is when there's something in it that's been deleted and the other is for when its empty. The appearance of the recycle bin changes accordingly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online