1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recycle Bin icon

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by joshto123, Jul 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joshto123

joshto123 Thread Starter

I uninstalled some software to free up more space, and while doing this my recycle bin icon disapperared, how do i put the icon back?

Help me, thanks

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy joshto123

If your using XP try this...

right click the start button then click explore...look in the left pane all the way at the bottom is the Recycle bin there...if so then up at the top of the left pane click Desktop...the contents of your desktop should show in the right pane... now just click on the recycle bin and drag a copy over to the desktop...close out explorer and a shortcut to your Recycle Bin should be on your desktop

buck

3. Dan O

Dan O

Click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click the Display icon.
    In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Desktop tab, and then click Customize Desktop. Then click Restore Defaults.

4. joshto123

joshto123 Thread Starter

I tried both, theSECOND one, form DAn whne i restored the defaults, nothing happened, it stayed the same.... when i tried the FIRST one i dragged it to my desktop and it just dragged the exact same thing, no icon

How can i fix this? any other options??

5. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy

When you drag and drop copy in the desktop pane does it show there but not show on the actual desktop?

How bout if you try dragging a copy directly to the actual desktop

buck

6. joshto123

joshto123 Thread Starter

I juts got it working, i actually enden up figuring it out on my own, thanks anyways
    !!!!

7. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy

would you care to share what you did

buck

8. joshto123

joshto123 Thread Starter

display properties, desktop, customize desktop, hilight recycle bin, change icon, and change it back to normal and then ok and apply

ONE more problem now though, in customiz my desktop, i have 2 pictures of recycle bins one says (full) and one says (empty)

how do i get rid of one?

9. buck52

buck52 Banned

Not sure how to get rid of one... I have both as well

I used TweakUI to hide it from my desktop anyway

buck

10. Nick Scott

Nick Scott

Its standard to have two. One for full is when there's something in it that's been deleted and the other is for when its empty. The appearance of the recycle bin changes accordingly.

11. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy Nick

Thanks for that

buck

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/87419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice